Friday, August 24, 2012

I'm Losing a Friend... It Hurts

Some relationships were meant to last forever. Well... others were not. Either way, we all have to enjoy our relationships while they last. Irrespective of their nature. 'Realising what we had when it gone' isn't just a proverb, it's a situation most of us have, or maybe will, experiance once in a while. Some will learn this from the experiences of others. While some of us will have to personally go through this route.

Why am I saying this? Well... I think my friend is dumping me. Recently I'm losing touch with her. She's so much angry with me. For various reasons I'm not even certain about. She no longer wants to be in touch with me. Seemingly she has no intention of discussing the reasons behind this coldness she's been showering me with. I know I'm not the best friend she'll ever have. However, the last time I checked I was her best friend. Not just that but the best she ever had (so she said). For me, it's not a normal case to be someone's best friend ever. For that reason, I've been fighting to have her back in my life. Honestly speaking I'm not ready to lose her. Seemingly, I just did.

I love my friend. So much. Yes! for many times I've hurt her. I'm not proud of that. On the other hand, for a while I've been her source of happiness. Isn't it ironic how we hurt the people we love, and those who love us back? No it's not, trust me. It's in this friendship I've learned that. Think about this; Why would you be hurt if someone you just don't care about betrayed you, failed to keep a promise, or failed to spare you some time? You won't hurt. Simply because this person has no much control over your feelings. So tell me, why are you so surprized that the people you love are those who hurt you most?

I'm not willing to reveal much about my friend and I. As a matter of fact I doubt even that she'll approve of me publishing this article, but I guess I did publish it. After all, she might not even see it.  I love my friend. I guess I'll always do. Whether she is around or too far, whether she's still a friend or a frienemy.

I can't say I wish her all the best with her future friendships. Why? Because I haven't accepted that she's no longer with me. However if things ends this way, she have my blessings. If there is one thing I'd like her never to forget is: I love her.

His loving friend
Diyo Sokhela
+27749114054

No comments:

Post a Comment